Looking for the perfect playlist? Listening to music when you hit the gym isn’t exactly a new concept. But did you know, your favorite, catchiest and can’t get it outta my head tune can enhance and actually improve your workout. Can’t get your heart pumping without your favorite playlist? Research has consistently found that listening to music distracts athletes from their “bodily awareness” (read: pain). And a recent study found that not just listening to music but controlling music in time to one’s own pace had an even bigger impact on perceived effort during a workout. Work Harder with Music. Knowing you’ll work harder, without really realizing it, and feel less pain, may just be the motivation you need to amp up your playlist.
The possibilities are endless and finding the best workout music can seem like a daunting task. So we’ve gone ahead and got you started. Popsugar Fitness has compiled an awesome playlist of 100 songs. Subscribe To Playlist. Here is the top 10 and don’t worry we wont tell anyone you listened to C+C Music Factory
- “Call on Me” — Eric Prydz
- “Burn” — Ellie Goulding
- “The Rockafeller Skank” — Fatboy Slim
- “I Don’t Like It, I Love It” — Flo Rida and Robin Thicke
- “On to the Next One” — Jay Z
- “Daft Punk Is Playing at My House” — LCD Soundsystem
- “Cheers (Drink to That)” — Rihanna
- “Dark Horse” — Katy Perry
- “Don’t Be So Hard on Yourself” — Jess Glynne
- “Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)” — C+C Music Factory
And remember: you will need to download the free Spotify software or app to listen to this playlist. Don’t agree with the list? We would love to hear what tunes made your Top 100 Playlist.