That certain time of year has arrived; the sun is shining, the weather is warming up. There is something about late spring that always makes us want to recommit to our health and fitness goals, almost like a fresh start. Still, many of us have slacked on our nutrition and workouts during the winter, and we may not be feeling the way we want to with summer approaching. Getting started is daunting, particularly when you feel like you have a long journey ahead of you. You are more likely to successfully meet your goals if you can enjoy yourself along the way. That’s why we want to share our favorite, easy ways to feel great right now.
- Ramp up your skincare- It’s easy to let your skincare routine fall by the wayside when it’s cold outside and you’re in pants every day. Refocusing on healthy, glowing skin is a simple way to feel instantly more prepared for the warm months of summer. Exfoliate once or twice a week, and moisturize daily.
- Eat for the season- Just as heavy comfort food is appealing in the winter, fresh, cooling food is more appealing in the spring and summer. There is a large variety of fresh produce in season, like corn, tomatoes, and asparagus. Don’t forget to break out the grill for lighter cooking with a lot of flavor. Getting started is hard, and many people get bogged down with all of the foods they are trying to avoid. Focusing on all of the abundant and colorful foods that are readily available, rather than all of the foods that you are trying to cut back on. Of course, healthier switches go along way to help you look and feel better right away.
- Dress for the body you have now- Wear clothes that fit and flatter your body today. People often assume that refusing to by a bigger size will motivate you to lose weight, but this isn’t so. Squeezing into smaller clothes is frustrating and uncomfortable. The key to a successful fitness journey is feeling confident every step of the way. If that means you need to buy a new pair of pants, go ahead and do it.
- Move more, wherever and whenever- We all know it, getting into a consistent fitness routine is the best and most efficient way to reach your goals. Still, evidence is now indicating that it is also important to move as much as possible throughout the day. As a bonus, when you find yourself hitting a wall in the afternoon, get up and move your body instead of reaching for a latte or a sugary treat. You may find that this does the trick to shake off a slump, and you’ll be surprised at how quickly those little movements add up.
- Commit to do this for you- It’s really easy to get caught up in the diet culture. If you’re feeling pressured to partake in the latest fad, take a step back. If you’re truly doing this just for yourself, you are far better off making small, healthy lifestyle changes, rather than diving in with dramatic quick-fix methods that will burn you out. Give yourself permission to be realistic, and take the time you need to reach your goals. You will feel instantly more at peace!
- Get social- Surrounding yourself with people who share similar goals will not only keep you accountable, it’s also more fun! Make this tip faster and more accessible by joining an online or social media-based community. Create a specific fitness account and post pictures of your journey. Including specific hashtags with your photos is a simple way to involve yourself with a fitness community that motivates you. Along those lines, be mindful about the accounts you are following. The goal is to feel positive and inspired as you scroll through your news feed. Consider unfollowing any accounts that do not serve you. You’ll be surprised at how quickly this simple switch can change your mindset
We hope you found a little something on this list that will help you feel great now. Do you have any tips? Let us know!